Friday, January 18, 2008

Good-Bye May Seem Forever, Farewell Just Like the End...

1. Some of the strengths when writing personal essays are the ability to go indepth with details, thoughts, and idea. The weaknesses in personal essays are a limited point of view and the need to stay focused on one topic. Also, finding a topic/ event that is actually true and exciting is hard. Writing fiction is a more flexible and fun genre because you can make anything and everything up. The thing that surprised me about personal essays was how easy they actually were to write when you finally find a good enough subject. I might consider volunteering to write one of these personal essays again because it wasn't too hard and even though I'm not exactly finished with my essay, I think that it is going to come out pretty well.

2. The role of reading is vitally important for writers because books and novels spark ideas. They give a new insight to writers. Plus, when you are young and first learning, you read books and your parents read books to you. It starts the whole learning process. Reading is the basis for how many grow up and learn. It is what writers draw on when they begin to write. A book that you love can stay with you throughout your whole life and when you write you may always have an idea of that book in mind.

3. Overall my Creative Writing experience has been a good one. I have liked the freedom in choosing what to write about. My favorite piece that I have written has to be one of the poems i wrote at the beginning of the semester. It explains a girls confusion and I just like all the metaphors I used. My favorite genre is definately poetry because it's fun to write creatively. My greatest challenge was definately the play just because it was hard for me to visualize what it would look like, and write it to be acted. I didn't really like the scary story that I wrote because it wasn't that functional. The skills I shall use more is brainstorming and focusing on one topic.

4.
Pepsi but coke products
Lil Wayne
McDonalds
TACO BELL
Mtv
Florida?
never been to either
Sicily
Everett
WILL BE Greece
SWAN PRINCESS although apparently its not disney sooo Sleeping Beauty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.