Thursday, December 20, 2007

Toward the Future/ From the Past

1.I thought that writing a play was really frustrating because you couldn't describe how exactly a character was feeling or looking. When you write a play, you have to incorporate everything through the dialogue. A strength in plays is the ability to use language to convey emotion. It was fun to be able to write in mostly dialogue. It was surprisingly hard to show action in play writing. I don't think I would ever be interested in writing anything like a play ever again.

2. I might want to write a personal essay about camp experiences, spring break in Florida, spring break in Arizona, or conflicts between my family. I may want to talk about moving from Texas to Minnesota or moving from Grove St to Cahill Ln. Through my stories I wish to convey how friends are always there for you even when your family sucks. Also, tough times bond those who go through them together. Other ideas i wish to develop through my stories are being in a new environment allows people to adapt and change, change can be good but it also is hard to accept.

3. The advice I would give to a 10 year-old is that life is about to get a little more complicated, so appreciate every single day you have before you are off to middle school. Spend more time with your friends and stop watching tv or playing videogames. You are going to regret not taking advantage of your youth. Don't focus too much on the future, but always dream of your near impossible goals. Don't follow everyone else, make your own path. Make new friends, but never forget your old ones. Later in life you are going to miss your carefree days, so savor them while you can. I give advice based on my experiences and other people's experiences from that age. I give the advice I give because I miss the days when I could just pretend and have a great day.

1 comment:

Rimma said...

I think that you are on the right track with your number two.. choosing a past experience that meant something to you in your life. GOOOD :)